Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Long Night Against... Pandemics?

My First Long Night Against Procrastination



Brett Porter


    LNAP is a wonderful tradition that the writing center has been apart of for years and years now. Unfortunately, as a first-year student, I have only had the pleasure of attending one of these nights (although I have admittedly had my fair share of long nights on my own). Of course, with this year bringing some special circumstances, we had to do things a little differently. I mean, I don't know any different, but to everyone else, I'm sure it was. Honestly, for a while, I wasn't even planning on going, but it just so happened that I had a religion paper due the following day that I had been procrastinating on. What a lovely word- procrastinating. Anyways, I ended up dragging myself away from my PlayStation so that I could come work at the writing center; only I wasn't working as a consultant but rather just a lowly writer in desperate need of assistance. When I walked in I was warmly welcomed by Myah and... no one else. Oh well, I was mostly just looking for a nice place to work anyways. Besides, Myah would prove to be extraordinarily helpful a short while later. While the two of us were "working" we noticed very few people in the library at all. We were however visited by a mysterious faculty member who provided some... amusing conversation for a few minutes. We also had our picture taken, and made it on Coe's very own Instagram page.


I tried to continue grinding out my paper, but alas, we were disturbed again- this time by none other than Charlie Kohawk himself. Not knowing what to say to a walking bird-person that I can't communicate with, I did what any good consultant would do: I asked him if he would like to have a conference. I soon realized that this was a grave mistake, and would turn out to be the most difficult conference of my life. Still, I tried my best, and I think our special client left feeling satisfied with our conversation.







By this point, I realized I had already wasted precious time that could've been spent on my paper. I knew that I needed to take drastic action. I was completely stumped on what to write about, so I asked Myah if she could help. Indeed, she could, but more than that she knew of someone who could turn my paper into a masterpiece. She called her roommate Rose, as apparently we needed all hands of deck for this mess. She arrived at the scene minutes later, and was able to work her magic. About an hour later, we had finished the paper, and had thus successfully defeated my greatest enemy: procrastination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment